It’s time to add a new element of challenge to an old pose. After doing this for a while, you can build enough confidence to use the straps less and less and eventually come off them entirely.
TRX (short for total-body resistance exercise) suspension trainer is an effective tool for bodyweight moves. It is a versatile, portable hanging strap that can be taken on the go, set up in the home, or used in a yoga studio. The strap gives you leverage against gravity to assist you in difficult yoga poses while also working the strength and flexibility you need to achieve the pose in your regular yoga flows.
With your feet in the straps, you can learn which muscles you need to engage in a pose without supporting all of your bodyweight or worrying about falling. This kind of aid in alignment lets your body learn how a pose should feel, which can actually rewire your brain and tone muscles in an unexpected way.
Getting into a pose with the TRX can help you learn to transfer your weight to the correct areas and get into each position correctly.
|Bakasana (Crow Pose)
Six basic body positions with TRX, which allow for hundreds of exercises—no matter the skill level.
Face the Anchor Point
Face Away From the Anchor Point
Face Sideways to the Anchor Point
- On the Ground:
Lay Face Down
Lay Face Up
Lay on Your Side
The Benefits of TRX Suspension Training
- It’s great for all levels of fitness.
- It’s portable. It weighs two pounds so you can take it anywhere and use it indoors or outdoors.
- It helps you reach any goal. Use to improve sports performance, lose weight, gain strength, rehab an injury, and more.
- You stand to train. People sit too much and have sedentary lifestyles. This allows you to get off your butt.
- It’s functional. It’s designed to carry everywhere and meets the demands of daily activities.
- It involves the core all the time. You are able to constantly remain “engaged” and “stable” throughout your entire body.
Some of the yoga movements are relatively simple, but when performed slowly and with control, they combine to create a unique and challenging workout.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.