Paige Railey (Clearwater, Fla.) dedicated herself to competitive sailing at an early age, inspired and encouraged by her older brother, Beijing 2008 Olympic silver medalist Zach Railey (Clearwater, Fla.). As a teenager, Railey won the 2006 Laser Radial World Championship, which propelled her to international recognition in the sport, and she garnered Rolex World Sailor of the Year and US Sailing Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year honors for her impressive results.
Railey narrowly missed Olympic selection to Beijing 2008 after a close battle with teammate Anna Tunnicliffe (Pittsburgh, Penn.), who went on to win gold in China. Railey bounced back to make the team for London 2012, and looked strong heading into the Games after a 3rd place finish at the 2011 World Championship. Railey finished 8th at the Olympic regatta held in Weymouth, UK, and immediately vowed to return stronger and faster for her third full-time campaign.
- Two-Time U.S. Olympian
- 2016 silver, Laser Radial Worlds
- 2015 4th, Rio de Janeiro Olympic Test Event
- 2015 gold, Toronto 2015 Pan American Games
- 2013 bronze, Laser Radial Worlds
- 2012, 8th, Laser Radial, 2012 Olympic Games, Weymouth & Portland, U.K.
- 2011-12 US Sailing’s Olympic Athlete of the Year
- 2011 bronze, Guadalajara 2011 Pan American Games
- 2010 US SAILING’s SportsWoman of the Year
- 2010 Florida Women’s Sailing Association Young Sailor the Year
- 2009 St. Francis Yacht Club Yachtswoman of the Year
- 2007 gold, Rio 2007 Pan American Games
- 2006 ISAF Rolex World Sailor of the Year
- 2006 US SAILING’s Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year
- 2006 gold, Laser Radial World Championship
- More World Championship medals (5) than any athlete in the history of the Laser Radial class
All content on this site is copyright of Women Fitness and no part of any article found on this site may be reproduced without an express permission and highlighted, do follow link crediting http://www.womenfitness.net/ or preferably the original page as the source. This interview is exclusive and taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
All Written Content Copyright © 2016 Women Fitness
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.