Over the past decade the popularity of hummus has been steadily increasing; the average American consumes about 1.85 pounds of hummus each year. But hummus is no longer just a dip, O’DANG has re imagined the popular food item for today’s consumers. While the hummus dip category continues to grow, it hungers for innovation and O’Dang offers a low calorie solution that may be just that. Only 25-45 calories per serving!
O’DANG Hummus Dressings offer unique innovation outside the standard hummus dip tub. By developing the first hummus-based dressing and marinade, O’DANG has pioneered a new sub-category in the sleepy salad dressing set. Real chickpeas are the first ingredient in all O’DANG dressings and result in a creamy, rich consistency without the use of preservatives and cheap oils. O’DANG emulsifies American-sourced chickpeas until silky smooth to create full flavor dressings that are nutrient dense and naturally low in calorie count and sodium. O’DANG appears to be a new leader in plant-powered dressings as well, offering three flavor profiles in this area, empowering consumers to enjoy as much dressing as they’d like on their salads without the concern of artificiality, high caloric content, or lack of flavor.
Jesse Wolfe, O’DANG Founder and CEO, presented the brand in 2015 on ABC’s Shark Tank, showcasing his personality and passion as well as the brand’s attributes and unique points of differentiation. The Sharks and American viewers went into a feeding frenzy surrounding the creamy addictive hummus taste delivered as a dressing…Since 2015, O’DANG has grown from two Orlando farmer’s markets in 2014 to over 10,000 retail doors nationwide in 2019. Greek Tzatziki, Roasted Red Pepper, Honey Mustard, Caesar, Ranch and Buffalo Ranch retail at $4.99 per bottle.
Dress Up Your Salad with Hummus
The dressings are not only
perfect to top off any salad or sandwich, but they can also be served as the
perfect low-calorie dip to serve with raw veggies, crackers, chips and more.
PERFECT for low calorie holiday entertaining and with FULL flavor! O’DANG is an
exciting new alternative for game night, at-home parties and snack time, and
also serves as a marinade or sauce for meat, fish and vegetable dishes.
Available at the following retailers: The Fresh Market, Publix, Wal-Mart, Lucky’s, Kroger, Bristol Farms, King’s, King Soopers, Fairway, Fresh Thyme, Food Lion, Safeway,Food Town, Big Y and many more across the country, and online at www.odanghummus.com
Additionally, we love the below plant-based recipe that utilizes their Roasted Red Pepper variety. Perfect for the holiday season.
Vegan Stuffed Squash
- 3 small squash, about 16 ounces each, halved and seeded
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 oz plant-based Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 oz chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 bottle O’Dang Dressing Roasted Red Pepper flavor
- 6 tbsp shredded vegan Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- CAREFULLY cut the squash in half. Spray the cut sides of the squash with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place face down on a large baking sheet. Bake until tender and browned on the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the squash cooks, place a large saute pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and celery until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Break up the plant-based meat into small pieces, add to the pan, and cook until browned. Add mushrooms and thyme to the pan, sprinkling in salt and pepper as needed, stirring for 5 minutes. Cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and cooked through. Pour O’Dang Roasted Red Pepper Dressing in the pan and let simmer for approximately 5 mins.
- Finally, top the squash halves with plant-based meat and veggie mixture. Sprinkle on top vegan Parmesan cheese, bake 10 minutes.
- Let the dish cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Happy Holiday eating and entertaining!
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.