Bruna Kajiya full name is Bruna Kajiyabruna Kajiya. She is Brazilian World champion freestyle kitesurfer. Her favourite move is Powered Back Mobe. She was born in Vinhedo, São Paulo, Brazil. Her philosophy of life is learn from your difficulties, take the best of them an move forward. Her favourite food is my dad’s baked fish wrapped in banana leaf. World champion freestyle kite surfer Bruna Kajiya is an amazing ambassador for her sport, and is dedicated to getting more girls involved and on the water.
In one of her first competitions she attempted to do a trick to close to the beach with on shore winds & crashed head first on the sand. She had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance & had a neck brace for a week. That’s where she learned not to do tricks on shore wind with less than 3m from the beach.
Looking out of the window in Math class onto a busy kitesurfing beach, Bruna could not resist running down after school with her friends to give it a go. Having suffered a serious surfing accident she had been looking for another sport to fill that gap in her life, and she had found it right outside her school in Sao Paulo!
She continued her academic study in Maui where her riding progressed massively and she picked up wakestyle, which would change her style forever. On her return to Brazil the plan was to continue studying and go to university, luckily Bruna was convinced by her mother to try kiting at a professional level instead and she has never looked back since.
Having settled for second place three years in a row 2009 was the year Bruna’s determination finally paid off and she took the top spot on the PKRA world tour podium.
Today Bruna is known for her powered tricks and dedication to closing the gap between men and women’s kiting. She once said “I thought that my goal was to be world champion, that it would fulfill me as a professional. When I managed to be world champion in 2009 I realized that it didn’t really change anything. For me it’s about pushing the sport and making it go into another direction.”
Achievements of Bruna Kajiya
- 2nd Barra Grande Kiteboarding Grand Slam 2014
- 2nd Tarifa Pro Kite Tour 2014
- 2nd Dakhla Kiteboarding World Cup 2014
- 2nd The Beetle Kitesurf World Cup 2013
- 2nd REEF Kitesurf Pro 2012
- 2nd PKRA World Tour Haikou Event/Hainan International Kite Surf FestivaL 2012
- 2nd Fuerteventura Kiteboarding PKRA Grand Slam 2012
- 2nd The Beetle Kitesurf World Cup 2012
- 2nd Copa Mundial De Kitesurf Adicora 2012
- 1st O’neill Kitesurf World Cup The Hague 2012
- 1st Dakhla Kiteboarding World Cup 2012
- 1st Kitesurf Wind Riders World Cup 2011
- 1st Dakhla Kiteboarding World cup 2011
- 1st PKRA World Tour Australia 2010
- 1st Fuerteventura Kiteboarding PKRA Super Grand Slam 2010
- 2nd Mondial Du Vent 2010
- 1st Teri Kite Pro 2009
- 1st Fuerteventura PKRA Kiteboarding Grand Slam 2009
- 1st Mondial Du Vent 2009
- 1st Kite-Extreme Brazil 2008
- 1st Colgate Kitesurf World Cup 2008
- 1st Venezuela Kiteboarding World Cup 2008
- 1st Movistar Kiteboard World Cup 2008
- 1st Movistar Venezuela World Cup 2007
All content on this site is copyright of Women Finess and no part of any article found on this site may be reproduced without an express permission and highlighted, do follow link crediting http://www.womenfitness.net/ or preferably the original page as the source. This interview is exclusive and taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.