“Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
Make practicing mindfulness daily a health priority in 2019. It helps to put some space between yourself and your reactions, breaking down the conditioned responses.
Think in the
present, Live in the present by practicing these tips,
- Set aside some time of the day. Make it a thumb rule to set aside sometime of the day for your own self. Access your mindfulness skills, by setting aside some quiet time and space in 24 hrs of the day. Label it “priority time”.
- Switch off your electronic screens and put them away. All of them during this time. Increased exposure to technology, affects eyesight, causes mood alterations, and makes individuals angry and irritable.
- Observe the present moment as it is. The aim of mindfulness is not quieting the mind or attempting to achieve a state of eternal calm. The goal is simple: pay attention to the present moment, without judgement.
- Let your judgement roll by. When you notice judgement arising during your practice, make a mental note of them and let them pass.
- Observe the present moment as it is. The mind often gets carried away in thought. Practice returning, again and again to the present moment.
- Don’t judge yourself for whatever thoughts crop up, just practice recognizing when your mind wanders off and gently bring it back.
- Breathe consciously. Believe it or not, we forget to breathe freely and well, especially when we are stressed. Be conscious of your breath. And if you find mastering your breath difficult learn how to breath properly. You will find it will vastly improve your life.
connected with your inner self will help you become stronger and well connected
with your inner-self.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.