Lara Lyn Carter is an Emmy Award winning television host, chef, producer, and cookbook author. As the Emmy Award winning and two-time Taste Award winning host of, ‘Thyme for Sharing with Lara Lyn Carter’, on Georgia Public Broadcasting, and the former host of ‘Savor the Good Life’ with Gray Media, Lara Lyn is quite comfortable in front of the camera. She shares her 5 healthy recipes to consume when on a weight loss journey and say NO to Dieting.
5 Recipes by Lara Lyn Carter
Go try them & enjoy.
This would be the drink of envy at any coffee shop. Bonus is the 7 grams of protein!
- 8 oz. unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
- 2 ½ tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 banana peeled and frozen.
- 1 5 oz. cup almond based vanilla yogurt.
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a blender and serve.
- 237 calories
- 7 grams protein
- 2 grams fat
- 52 grams carbs
Spanish Cauliflower Rice
Craving something different as a side dish? This is a fiesta in a bowl!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion diced.
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cups organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the onion in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and broth to the skillet and stir well. Cook covered over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for an additional 12 minutes.
- Stir several times to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- 158 calories
- 5 grams protein
- 7 grams fat
- 22 grams carbs
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.