By Dr. Priya Khorana Founder & CEO, www.lifestylenutrition.coach
Thai-inspired Salmon yum (salad)
- 2 x 200g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil OR rice bran oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander
- ¼ cup finely sliced spring onion
- ½ cup mint leaves
- chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- Himalayan pink salt
- 1 long red chilli, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- For the dressing, place the chilli, garlic and a pinch of salt in mortar. Use a pestle to pound to a rough paste. In a small bowl combine the chilli garlic paste, fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt. Heat a frying pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil to the pan. Then add the salmon fillets and place a saucepan lid on top of the salmon so that the fillets are gently pressed to the bottom of the pan and to prevent oil splatter. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest until cool enough to handle with your fingers.
- Place the onion and cucumber in a large bowl. Flake the salmon into large chunks and add to the bowl. Add the coriander, spring onion and mint. Add the dressing. Toss gently to combine. Add chilli flakes to taste (optional). Enjoy
Black Bean Brownies
Servings: 12 mini brownies
- 1 15.5oz can black beans, drained, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 Tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Combine black beans with plant-based milk and place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Strain black beans from plant-based milk and rinse.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 176°C
- Mix together flaxseed and cold water in small cup and let sit 10 minutes to get together as a flax “egg.”
- Combine black beans with flax “egg” and coconut sugar in food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add cacao powder, baking powder, and salt. Pulse until smooth.
- Add dark chocolate chips and pulse 2 to 3 times until chips have been broken up slightly, but not completely.
- Transfer brownie mix to brownie molds or a baking dish and tap sheet tray on the table to flatten the tops of the brownie mix.
- Sprinkle 3 to 4 dark chocolate chips on each brownie.
- Bake at 350°F/176°C for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is firm, but the insides are still soft.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.