Doing yoga is a great way to exercise and meditate, which is why more and more people are becoming interested in it. It has great benefits like improving flexibility, strength, posture, breathing, and more. (1)
To do yoga, a clean and comfortable surface will be necessary. This is why a yoga mat will be a great partner for anyone who likes to do all kinds of workout routines, not just yoga. For different needs, people can avail of all kinds of mats, such as interlocking mats, ones for travel and outdoors, and even mats made for heavy equipment. (2)
But no matter what kind of yoga mat it is, there are ways to customize them. This way, it can be unique to you or even be a representation of your personality or interests.
For ways on how to creatively customize your yoga mat, check out these ideas below:
- Getting it printed on
The easiest way to get any design printed on your yoga mat is to purchase customized ones made by trusted companies, such as Pixels or other similar businesses. With this method, it’s easier because you can simply choose a design, order it, and wait for it to get to your doorstep.
For the best results, here are some points to remember:
- Brainstorm the design you want
- Think about the colors and how they’ll match your mat
- Use original or free designs
- Do more research about the printing company
At the same time, here are some things you might have to avoid:
- Hiring the first printing company you find
- Not being careful about the yoga mat you’re choosing
- Skipping the editing process of your design
These tips can be helpful for customizing yoga mats, as well as other items, like mugs, shirts, and more. Also, remember to check out the price points and compare them to how much you’re willing to spend on the personalized mats.
- Come up with your own design
Another great tip for getting your yoga mat personalized is to come up with your own design. This way, it’s completely original to you and even matches your personality and tastes. When coming up with your own design, here are some things to remember:
- Learn more about color modes
- Don’t use black on Photoshop
- Be careful about your fonts
- Create the design in 300ppi, which is the standard resolution
When coming up with the design, however, it’s important to make sure that you aren’t stealing any designs. This means that you can’t just download any image you see on the internet. Instead, you might want to come up with your own design, get it commissioned, or even have a photo that you own. Another way to come up with a design is to use templates or look for royalty-free images and designs.
- Use texts
Designs aren’t only limited to illustrations, as they can also be made out of texts. For instance, you could have your name printed on it. If not, you could also add a quote that could help inspire you while you’re working out. For example, you could come up with a motto or even a simple reminder about watching your posture. These phrases can then be printed on your yoga mat.
Either way, it’s also important to remember that the printing tips mentioned above still apply. However, it might also be good to use a custom typeface that’s unique to you. If this is something that interests you, here are some tips below:
- Divide and organize it into headings, subheadings, captions, body copy, and more
- Try out minimalist design
- Make it legible by using space between texts and characters
- Ensure there’s contrast with your color choices
- Avoid too many loud colors
- Make sure that color harmonizes
- Don’t go overboard with effects
With these tips, even simple phrases or sentences to motivate you during your exercise routines can look aesthetic. It’s not only nice to look at, but it can also help you in your journey to become healthier.
Personalizing items like a yoga mat can make working out more motivating and special. It can help you work out better and even express yourself better. However, in terms of design, it’s a good idea to get it professionally printed so the quality can be ensured. At the same time, to get a creative and visually appealing result, it’s important to follow some tips for designing illustrations and texts that you want to be added on to your yoga mat.
- “The Health Benefits of Yoga,” Source: https://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/the-health-benefits-of-yoga
- “The 10 Best Workout Mats for Any Exercise,” Source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/workout-mat#A-quick-look-at-the-best-workout-mats-
- “10 pro tips for better T-shirt designs,” Source: https://www.creativebloq.com/design/guide-t-shirt-printing-designers-912867
- “T-Shirt Printing Tips: 4 Rookie Mistakes to Avoid,” Source: https://blog.bonfire.com/t-shirt-printing-tips/
- “How to Design For Print: Tips and Best Practices,” Source: http://designbeep.com/2018/04/26/how-to-design-for-print-tips-and-best-practices/
- “8 Typography Tips For Designers: How to Make Fonts Speak,” Source: https://uxplanet.org/8-typography-tips-for-designers-how-to-make-fonts-speak-84741a4053c8
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.